loudandproud

Jul 29, 2006
OK i am having issues with my suspension.

I ride woods and motocross tracks 50/50. No big jumps yet but im getting there. I would consider myself a novice motocross rider and a intermediate B class woods rider (very comfortable in the woods)

Problem...

- On the track the bike is sketchy cornering and is soft of the landings. I bottomed out twice today hard, one cause a little spill, and the other a very dramitic recovery before i skipped the berm :yikes:

If it was just soft and bottom every now and then if i over shoot a little that is one the, but it wants to kick me off on the rebound because of the rears kick and front softness.

In woods though the front feels right spring wise but it gets jittery in the rough sections. Same with the rear.

Synopsis (Sp?)

The rear: Doesnt bottom at all but it kicks you up in the rear over rough sections and on harder landings

The Front: Soft on track, bottoms easily, good in woods, but jittery in rough sections.

Ideas?

i am new to this suspension setting as i am just now trying to become a more serious rider.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
I can't answer your question as my understanding of suspension is VERY limited.

However, I learned an expensive lesson - my forks felt pretty much as yours do - but I'd had the bike for awhile and hadn't really noticed the change as it occurred over a year and a half.

Anyway, I overjumped a double - nose down and downhill landing. Felt a prety bad pain in my wrist. I had broken the scaphoid/navicular bone. 5 months later - I'm still wearing a ****-up splint and I'm still not able to ride. Bone graft may be necessary, but I'm hoping not. It was not a very big hit, so I'm convinced that the forks failed because of my lack of maintenance on them.

I'd guess that you need at least an oil change, probably a complete rebuild, and you might as well have it re-valved while you're at it.

loudandproud

Jul 29, 2006
robwbright said:
I can't answer your question as my understanding of suspension is VERY limited.

However, I learned an expensive lesson - my forks felt pretty much as yours do - but I'd had the bike for awhile and hadn't really noticed the change as it occurred over a year and a half.

Anyway, I overjumped a double - nose down and downhill landing. Felt a prety bad pain in my wrist. I had broken the scaphoid/navicular bone. 5 months later - I'm still wearing a ****-up splint and I'm still not able to ride. Bone graft may be necessary, but I'm hoping not. It was not a very big hit, so I'm convinced that the forks failed because of my lack of maintenance on them.

I'd guess that you need at least an oil change, probably a complete rebuild, and you might as well have it re-valved while you're at it.

i did do a complete rebuild awhile back and added a heavier oil and more of it too

that didnt do squat.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom