bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I've read about the DRN tested boots, yet most of them seem to be stiff soled track boots. Is there a boot that is good for general purpose and trials rather then MX.

I tried on the Vectors and they felt really nice($250), a lot better then the MSR boots($150).

I have never owned a pare of riding boots, have been riding in my Whites boats for the last 12 years. I'm to the point I want the extra protection of true riding boots.

Any suggestions would be great. BTW 11.5 C shoe size

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Alpinestars

Tech 6 or M-6. Both quality boots, comfy and offer great protection.

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
How much money do you have to spend Mr. Smith?
If money isn't an issue, I would go with Fred's suggestion of Alpinestar Tech 6 or Tech 8 (they're both expensive...all pros use the Tech 8, but some think the 6 is more comfortable). If money is an issue, do what I did. I bought the MSR Rage boots (They're the same as the Alpinestar M-4), and they only cost about $160. They feel good, and I like them. I ride mostly trails, and I don't have any problems with them. Any cheaper boots don't provide very much protection. As for trials...I don't think you can buy boots that will work for both trails and trials. Hope that helped.

Cactus Rider

Sponsoring Member
Jan 11, 2002
Oke, I'm a SIDI fan.
They just came out with a midrange version of the TAE FLEX.
They go for $200,-
The flex are very comfertable to ride in , and you're able to walk in them aswell. (altough they sqeege like mice)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom