SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
I need help picking out what pants and jersey to buy. I'm looking at the vented stuff for summer...I sweat like a pig just SITTING on my bike.haha

I was thinking Thor AC stuff? or is Fox Strafer better?

I need good durability AND comfort along with really good airflow.

I ask because they make a few versions of each. Or should I just save myself some cash and buy the Phase pants and jersey? All the same? How's the airflow in those? I've never worn gear before so I don't know.
A buddy of mine who use to race motocross said "once you're moving it's all the same"? is this true? HELP?!:-) :bang: Go to town fella's...tell me what you think
Matt

P.S.- I will be doing ALL types of riding for fun....no competition or anything. LOTSA trails!

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Will you be riding in temperatures below 70? If so, that AC stuff can get a little chilly. Perhaps you should get the Static gear, if you get hot, the bottom half of the pants can be removed, or partially unzipped. Also, you can get the Static pants, and an AC and Phase jersey to get you through most of the year.
Your buddy is right, get going, and you don't really notice the heat, I wear regular No Fear (elektron, I think) gear with a Thor Quadrant protecter, and have to wring that thing out when it comes off. But I don't notice while I ride. When it gets cold, I break out the Under Armor ColdGear.

+30

Aug 2, 2005
I train a little race a little and sweat like crazy and still overheat more than the average person, so I wear the vented stuff anytime its say over 70. It makes a huge difference. I like the thor ac and shift vented, I hear moose makes the best vented gear but havent tried it. Im sure they are all about the same, some brands fit a little small like the answer, most 32" Im swimming in but couldnt even get the answer vented gear zipped up. Vented is way way better imho I wont wear anything else in warm weather. Alloy makes a new set of vented gear, but the jersey has a huge opening for the neck some mags bagged on it for that, but, its cooler that way anyhow.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
Thanks gents! I'm gonna buy another set of gear for colder temps once they hit. For now...I need to be as cool and comfy as possible! Thanks for the help. Anyone else?
Mc-G

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
+30 said:
Alloy makes a new set of vented gear, but the jersey has a huge opening for the neck some mags bagged on it for that, but, its cooler that way anyhow.

didn't alloy recently go out of business?

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
FWIW, I have and still am using a 6 year old set of AXO vented jersey and pants that have seen quite a few soil samples and have came out unscathed each time.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom