Need Help Filthy oil + crud in water....

DavidRehm

Aug 6, 2001
1st my 2001 wr250f started to run bad, then overheat, then oil dripped out the breather tube. My radiator had a huge split in it. I took it to a shop and had it fixed. I changed my oil, which was a nasty sludge, even though I changed it a couple weeks ago. My antifreeze in the reserve was still full, even though the radiator was completely empty. What would cause that? I put fresh water in my fixed radiator and changed my oil. It started right up and ran fine for around 10 minutes. I shut it off and checked my water and oil levels. My resevior that holds my antifreeze had more in it than before.It was still all antifreeze.My radiator was empty and my oil level was a little high. I filled the radiator, which started to bubble and turn real dirty. Almost oily.Then I wanted to make sure the oil level was right. I drained some oil out, which was sludgy looking again, even though it was fresh. Does this sound like a blown head gasket? Can I repair it myself if I never have split the case? Thanks for everyones help.
David

Top Bottom