jjcobra99

Oct 17, 2002
Let me start by saying I have never done suspension mods before, I'm kind of lost, and hopefully I can get pointed in the right direction here. I ride a stock 03 CR250, I'm 5'10", 210-215lbs (minus gear). Right now, I'm suffering some real hard landings (obviously), and I want to get my suspension set up correctly. I've used the spring rate generator on MX-Tech and Race-Tech, and got a little different numbers, but I think ballpark would be .46 and 5.2 from what I'm seeing. Now by doing that, do I need to revalve? How do I know that I have a good balance between front and rear suspension? And where could I get this kind of work done? I don't personally know of any suspension tuners in my area (VA Beach). Could a dealership do this? Sorry if I am asking dumb questions, but I just want to make sure that if I do this, it gets done right. Any help greatly appreciated!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I would only trust your suspension to a professional tuner, the 03 Cr250 has a old fashioned rebound stack that causes a few problems.Maybe try the correct springs first and see if it is any better, if not then send it out for revalving.have you tried the tuning guide on www.mx-tech.com its in the downloads section.

jjcobra99

Oct 17, 2002
I haven't specifically used the tuning guide on MX-Tech. But I have read it, and tried adjusting from memory of what it said. I just don't think I will be able to get close weighing in at 235lbs with riding gear on. One of the guys at the track was saying that you could adjust all you want, but if you weigh over 200lbs, you have to get stiffer springs.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
yes i adgree-you are in need of stiffer springs-you dont have to revalve(at least with the forks) but with the shocks funny rebound damping you will end up with the adjuster nearly all the way in.So my advice is get the springs and the shock revalved-trouble is the guy doing the work may totally disadgree with me:(

Top Bottom