need help with crf 250r mx set up

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
i bought a crf 250r about a month and a half ago. i still am having a tough time dialing it in. first off i am a novice mxer and weigh about 195lbs with gear on and my sag is set at 100mm. anyone weigh around the same as me? what are your clickers set at?

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
well, first of all i am terrible at setting up suspensions and reading my manual only made me more confused, i will do my best to try to explain waht is going on so bare with me. one of the problems is i am bottoming on flat landings, my forks are set at four clicks from the stiffest so that would that be 16? the rear shock seams to be to soft also, when go up a steep long up hill section sometimes i can feel the back tire hit the fender if i am sitting down and i am all the way stiff on my compression. my friend said i should be turn the red nut on the shock a half turn, this is you low speed compression right? i really dont feel the shock bottoming on landings its just the forks if feel. i was looking through some of my magazines for what crf test riders were setting there clickers at and everyone seems to have them close to stock so i dont know what is going on with mine.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
It sounds to me like you are backwards on your clicker settings. You want to count the clicks from fully closed (turn the screw clockwise until it stops). This is as stiff as the clickers will go. Then the compression will get softer as you increase the number of clicks out. 16 would be pretty much fully soft. Same goes for the shock.

Jeremy

russ17

Aug 27, 2002
Another thing you might be confused on is, the compression adjuster is on the top of your forks, and the rebound is on the bottom on that bike ( Showa), unlike the YZ and KX models with the KYB suspensions.

Russ

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Also, maybe your springs are too soft at 195 lbs. I don't know what weight range those bikes come setup for.

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
i went to the track tonight and i got things dialed in a little better, i stiffened it up the forks a few clicks and made the rebound a littler harder because it was to fast. i did the same to the rear. i dont know what i did before but it was all messed up.

Top Bottom