dujeeb

Feb 26, 2007
i bought my 5 y.o. son a pw50 for christmas and runs well till it gets hott; 5 min. of ride time and then shuts off and will not restart till it cools off. has spark and pretty sure it is getting fuel. i have repaced coil pack any help would be appreciated in advance.

wyatt

Apr 3, 2002
Is this a new or older model pw? The kill/ start switch on these bikes is finicky if they get wet or worn they act up.
Also the carb is super sensitive to any dirt. I dont know if this relates to you problem or not just a few ideas.

dujeeb

Feb 26, 2007
pw50

need help with getting my son's bike running. it is an older model i am guessing arond a 93. it runs fine till it gets hott and shuts off. i have replaced coil pack checked and cleaned carb. pipe is clean, think it might be cdi...any help would be appreciated

theroyz71

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
Check the jetting. Stock on our 05 is a 70 main. Some people like to drop down to a 65 which could be too lean depending on your riding conditions.

mxracer2000

Jan 6, 2000
Its been quite a few years since we had our PW but I remember having some sporatic problems with it. What seemed to cure them was:
1. Disconected the oil pump and just ran premix
2. Look for water/moisture. Take off the ignition cover, pull any connectors apart and blow them out gently with compressed air. Let it sit there opened up for a few minutes. I also used liquid electrical tape over most connectors.
3. Take off the carb and thouroughly clean it.
4. Remove the pipe and clean it out. The best way to do this is to throw it on a fire or use a torch but be careful because you will get flames coming out of both ends. As the pipe cools tap it with a screwdriver to loosen the burnt carbon and shake it out.
I'm sure there was more including doing the top end, but that should get you started. Hope it helps.

Top Bottom