rmracer

Oct 27, 2004
Hello,

I have recently went out for my first time on my motorcycle out on Wixom Lake. I was excited to go so we headed out for about a 1/2 mile ride to the oval in the middle of the lake that they had plowed off. I had sheet metal screws in my tires and thought I would get great traction....... on the ice. However, to get to the plowed track, you had to ride on snow that was packed down by the sleds. This stuff was annoying to ride on :pissed: I couldn't get above 2nd gear since my front end would wash out at the least expected moment. In the non-packed snow I got good traction since I could bite in the ice. So, my question is how do you ride on packed down snow? Even with good studs, I would think this would stil happen since the stud can't bite through the 5 inches of snow to the ice. How do you guy's deal with this? Thanks for reading and hopefully I'll get some tip's :yeehaw:

Oct 10, 2004
I havent had any problems riding on it. maby try putting more weight on the front wheel by sitting up farther

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
This is how its done :yeehaw: I'm putting together a better video with more cool stuff, now that I have a decent camera! This weekend we should be playing again on the ice/snow.

http://www.ripperd.com/ftp/sno-x-treme

then click on "Hit It P*ssy-Medium.wmv " (5.1 mb)

the other vid, "hit it wussie-small" is a kinda cool sled video I put together if anyone is interested

As for riding in the snow its alot like riding in sand...lots of throttle and keep the front end light. Squeeze the bike with your knees too. You will get a wishy-washy feeling that feels really weird at first. The first reaction is to let off the gas...get on the throttle instead :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom