whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Cedar Lake, In., they pulled off an amazing feat, bringing ice racing back to that lake, and the warmer temps/water on the ice! An old race friend, "Fast Freddie Rosinich", he owns GBY Motorsport and seemingly got the snowball rolling for this venue again. Nice job! Jeff Fredette showed up(KX500)), some pro flat tracker (unknown rotax engine?)smoked him! Them sheet metal screws sure hook up! They were hauling azz! They ran a big oval. They had a road course set up also, with a half hour moto! I was too cold to find out if that was a 125 that got second? More frustration over the no dirtbike thing for sure. I will try and find some more information for the hopefully next race.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana

Attachments

• ice racing 1.jpg
    ice racing 1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 368
  • ice racing.jpg
    ice racing.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 356
  • JEFF.jpg
    JEFF.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 347

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Thanks Wolf! I used to go down to sewer lake and race, back in the day, some 30 years ago. Never heard of it going on anymore. They have cleaned the lake a bunch! And yes, It brought back fond memories of the front end coming up, on the ice! You could drive or move to Florida for the winter, or stay and man up.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Cedar Lake, In., they pulled off an amazing feat, bringing ice racing back to that lake, and the warmer temps/water on the ice! An old race friend, "Fast Freddie Rosinich", he owns GBY Motorsport and seemingly got the snowball rolling for this venue again. Nice job! Jeff Fredette showed up(KX500)), some pro flat tracker (unknown rotax engine?)smoked him! Them sheet metal screws sure hook up! They were hauling azz! They ran a big oval. They had a road course set up also, with a half hour moto! I was too cold to find out if that was a 125 that got second? More frustration over the no dirtbike thing for sure. I will try and find some more information for the hopefully next race.

I think the other guy is TIM FERRELL.... I never met Tim but I know his dad (Bill) who is my neighbor in Galena, IL... We went to see an ice race yesterday in Cedar Rapids Iowa.. on an ince hockey rink.... 2-wheel and quads... wild and a little crowded with 8 starters...

Attachments

• Ice Racing - quads LoRes.JPG
    Ice Racing - quads LoRes.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 288
  • Ice Racing-LoRes.JPG
    Ice Racing-LoRes.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 326

Top Bottom