Sep 8, 2007
Im new at this dirtbike thing so bare with me...is the transmission and oil the same,to check tranny and oil is there 2 different bolts or is it the same..and do u add tranny and the oil in the same filler hole or is there a diff spot 2 add um??..

crkid33

Jun 20, 2007
you mix oil in yur gas cuz you have a 125 2 stroke and i put gearsaver in my transmission. the black plug is where you put the gearsaver oil at. and it should say 700ml on the case on the same side as the black plug.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
TeamKlzerrm125 said:
My buddy puts 10w30 in the case,he said thats the oil!!!

It will work. You should use oil approved for wet clutch. It's more important that it gets changed often. Moto-specific oils use additives for better clutch performance and wear resistance, but if you go too long between changes, you can still cuase damage. Go buy a service manual for your high performance/high maintenance race bike. It will tell you EXACTLY what types of fluids to use and all the service intervals(though most are aimed at racers).

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
as CRkid and Joe said you really should not run motor oil in the case as you need specific slip agents in the oil to boost your clutch performance and reliability. motor oil is not designed for clutches nor is the clutch designed for motor oil. GEAR SAVER is a very good oil to go with although its not the cheapest out there I'll promise you its better than being out on the trail and blowing your clutch cuz ya wanted to save a penny. so $10 oil or buy a new clutch every couple of months and have it installed (if your not a mechanical kinda guy) i also recomend changing that oil every 3-4 rides depending on conditions and how you ride. hope this is helpful . and remember a maintained bike will cost next to nothing compared to major repairs. ride on my friend ride on :nod:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
This topic has been beaten to death..

There's no conclusive proof that regular 10w30 will do any particular harm to your bike. It certainly won't cause your clutch to blow up..

I've run nothing but 10w30 in my bikes, and never had a single issue.

If I was racing regularly, and at a higher level, then I might consider running an oil that's more suited to the conditions..

Top Bottom