whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
To learn anything about the top end, pull the cylinder. Lots of questionable pieces of metal in the trans fluid, start by inspecting the clutch side of the engine for where its coming from?

2stroker144

Jan 14, 2009
alright.im mad though cause on sunday im leaving for a week, and my dad doesnt know i exploded my engine

2stroker144

Jan 14, 2009
hey chill. im the only one in my family that rides so he doesnt like investng i things he doesnt do, especially because it was a dumb mistake in the 1st place

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
A 125 top end life? 15 hours is pushing it. Who did the 144 mod? If it was set up for race gas, you can cut that service time in half. About 300 in parts, and what ever else is worn out. That would give you a fresh motor, and start the clock. Only one that rides in the family, been there also.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I think ALOT of us were in your shoes at one point.

Maybe you should consider explaining to your dad that you have the wrong bike for what you do. That it will cost money to keep it running. Ask him if he will let you do some work around the house (like painting or something) to work off the cost of fixing the engine so you can sell it and get an XR/TTR or something.

2stroker144

Jan 14, 2009
no pal, i ride a kx 100...engine is stock. ya its no fun is it...being the only rider.

no.no.no. i ride tracks joe, i would rape a ttr or xr, i just cant do engine work. i can change oil, air filters, radiator fluid,counter shaft seals, brake fluid, and basic stuff like that, i can jet too, just i guess im afraid to get into the engine, cause if i screw something i pay for it myself. so i have friends do it(like top ends or bottom ends)

2stroker144

Jan 14, 2009
i turned on the gas and let it sit for 2 hours. we then started it and it started, but it sounded REALLY REALLY rough, like something was grinding....sooooo? im so ready for this to be over.

Top Bottom