Randy K

Sep 20, 2000
Just got a free '76 MR250 (mint with 1114 miles). Anyone have general info on the MR 250? I've seen the 50s and 175s and find lots of info on them, but not the 250. Why is this thing so rare? As a kid, I remember seeing lots of CRs and MTs, but never an MR. Parts appear compatible with MT or CR. Any not so obvious differences? Anyone have parts or know a good source? Need both side covers, air filter with airbox cover, left case cover, and coil to make complete.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Your bike is rare because it was only built for 1 model year.
The MR50 lasted for 2. 1974 & 1975.
And the MR175 went for 3. '75, '76, & '77.

A friend of mine had one, it was a nice competent trail bike.
Un for tunatly Honda cancelled production because of lagging sales figures i believe.

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
Correctomundo on the one year run. I have the cousin 76 CR250 which was a one year run also.

Call Dave at AMS Racing http://www.amsracing.com he has fiberglass side panels for the 76 CR which might fit, I'm not sure if the MR was like the MT with only one side panel or not. He also has a filter from Uni-Filter which fits the CR. Other wise glue, needle and thread, and bulk filter material.

I know a guy in New Hampshire that has a couple of the 250s I can check with about the other stuff.

Top Bottom