jeff joy

May 14, 2001
I have a 99 200 with fmf torque pipe and silencer,low to mid reeds,10 ounce fly wheel weight,if it looks like I like low end your right,need it to ride the tight trails in the rain forest of Oregon.I'm thinking about porting it and would like to if any one out there has had it done,I'm sure there are,can you tell me what to expect?I wouldn't mind a little more on top but don't want to lose any on the bottom,hopefully gain all around ?

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
A clean up port job and a compression bump (head mod) sounds like what you looking for, it will help all over and gain low end also.

Where in Oergon do you ride?

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
A good port job is the best bang-for-the-buck mod you can do for your engine. A good tuner can tailor the power any way you want it, and the overall increase in performance is far and above all the bolt-on mods you can buy put together, for less money. The 200 responds very well to porting, as it is in a very mild state of tune in stock trim.

jeff joy

May 14, 2001
Thanks for the info guys,sounds like a good thing to do when I get the money.And to Sage,I ride mostly at shotgun creek out of eugene,ever been there?but did take my first trip up to hoodo last weekend and had fun but not quite what I'm used to.Also I see you own your own shop,I'm over in Bend alot on business and will stop and BS with you sometime

heymike

Mar 21, 2000
One more thing to consider would be to go to a 220 cyl. The extra CC's would help in the power department. I realize that it would cost more then just porting your 200 cyl but, it might be something worth considering. BTW - I have a KDX 220 and ride here in oregon (mostly Tillamook State Forest) and the bike has plenty of low end for the trails. I've done the pipe, reeds, minus one tooth front sprocket, and air box mod. I'm sure a ported 220 cyl would be even better.

Top Bottom