Hammer_86

Apr 14, 2004
I am looking for a dirt bike to trail ride with. I have never owned one before. I was thinking maybe a yamaha WR250F, TT-R250 or YZ250. I am 17 and 6'4 190 lbs so size is an issue. I dont think a 125 is enough for me. Am I right? Should I get a 4-stroke or a 2? I'll probably try and get a bike a year or two old. Looking to spend around 2 or 3 grand. I'll be glad for any input. Not set on any certain bike any info or advice appreciated. Thanks

Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
Hammer_86 said:
I am looking for a dirt bike to trail ride with. I have never owned one before. I was thinking maybe a yamaha WR250F, TT-R250 or YZ250. I am 17 and 6'4 190 lbs so size is an issue. I dont think a 125 is enough for me. Am I right? Should I get a 4-stroke or a 2? I'll probably try and get a bike a year or two old. Looking to spend around 2 or 3 grand. I'll be glad for any input. Not set on any certain bike any info or advice appreciated. Thanks

Well a 2-stroke 125 is going to be more bike than a WR250F or TTR250 will.

If you are strictly trail riding, you still have a lot of good options. Not sure if you are, or if you will be going to tracks too, where the suspension of a motocross bike might be needed. I can ride my 125 in the trails no problem, but if I was strictly trail riding, I would have gotten something like a KDX 200/220. But for all around riding, I like my 125 a lot.

I would look into a KDX 200 or 220 as well as the bikes you are looking into now. They are sweet bikes and rip in the trails. They are 2-strokes, so they will have tons of power, and also be easier to work on when it comes to top end jobs or repairs.

Try seeing if you know anyone with bikes, to try with both 4-strokes and 2-strokes and see which one you found more fun to ride. Anything along the lines of a KDX200/220, to a WR250F or even a YZ/CR/KX/RM 250F 4-stroke MX bike might work for you. Good Luck! :)

kdxtodd

Nov 14, 2001
Than the kdx would be the best bike, no question :thumb:

Top Bottom