need measurements on YZ! (urgent)

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
can anyone out there please do me a favour?

i bough a moose complete seat (made by SDG) and it is supposed to be the TALL version. i compared it to the one on my 01 yz250 and it is the same hight up! but before i call up the parts guys and give him a round, i want to be sure what the stock seat hight is. (i bought mine used and it came with a different seat cover, so i cannot positively say it is stock, but it definately seems and looks like stock (i am only 6'2" and even with lowered pegs my knees are still way over the top of the seat).

the measurement i took was from the top of the seat (ran a ruler horizontal), to the lowest point on the seat and both seats came out around 4 1/2 to 5 inches about 110-120 mm.

if anyone can tell me what a real stock seat comes out at, or what a taller seat hight should be, i will be sincerely grateful

thanks

bruce

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
if anyone is interested, i put the seat on the bike and re-did the measurements (peg to top of seat). it turns out the seat was the tall one after all! the seat was 1/2 inch higher, its wierd since put side by side (off the bike) with the stocker i couldnt tell the difference!

it looks cool and i think it will work for me, just cant wait to try it now!

thanks for looking in, even if you couldnt help me out! ;)

Top Bottom