Need opinions for '01 CR250 Enduro conversion

Mark Parsons

May 10, 2000
I'm considering buying a 2001 Honda CR250 to convert to enduro/trail riding use. I expect to have Eric Gorr port the cylinder, but are there other suggestions? Is first gear too tall for tight technical terrain? Will fuel milage still be bad even ported for trail use? How much would a lighting coil cost and is it difficult to install? Any other suggestions, recommendations, opinions? I regretfully sold my 1996 Suzuki RMX250 and now I'm looking for a suitable replacement.

125rider

Nov 8, 2000
I ride a cr 125 on the trails nad have many buddies who all ride cr 250's. It is a good bike, for racing u you might want to consider a larger tank.

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
moose lighting stator $174.95
12oz flywheel weight
supspenson redone and you will be set to go

KTA

Jul 14, 2000
the cr250 is a great bike and can be moded for the trails pretty easily.. the only problem you would have would be gas mileage, . .but you can get an IMS tank that holds almost twice as much as the stock

HONDAENDURO

~SPONSOR~
Jan 28, 2002
I HAVE MINE SETUP WITH THE E-LINE COIL, 18 AND 20 INCH RIMS, CLARKE FUEL CELL, ALUMINUM SKID PLATE FMF GNARLY PIPE AND SPARK ARRESTOR, KEIHN CARB, TALL SEAT FOAM, RANDY HAWKINS PRO TAPER BAR. WHEN THE SUSPENSION GETS MORE TIME ON IT I WILL PROBABLY HAVE IT REVALVED FOR OFF ROAD, HAVE NOT HAD THE BIKE LONG, BUT I AM PLEASED WITH IT. THIS IS MY 5TH CR AND THEY HAVE ALL BEEN GOOD BIKES. BEFORE SPENDING A LOT ON PIPE AND OTHER ENGINE MODS I WOULD PROBABLY HAVE A CYLINDER PORTED BY ERIC GORR, SOUNDS LIKE A BETTER RETURN ON INVESTMENT TO GET A LITTLE BETTER POWER CHARACTERISTIC.

Top Bottom