need opinions on the kdx please

motomadness

Mar 18, 2001
is the kdx good for jumping some nice sze jumps, trails, harescrambles in budds creek, etc.. i go to a place in southern md to ride and they have a nice big track with like 3 big jumps and couple small ones would it be ok to jump the kdx on that. i jump my ttr on it so it should be. just asking in advance. before i get a kdx 220 or 200 dont know which one i want yet. what is the different between the 200 and 220? i m 5'9 134lbs. please help in my descion.

KDX1

Mod Ban
Jun 5, 2001
Opion of KDX

I've owned a KDX for about a year now and have been very happy with it. I too jump mine from time to time, but not over any huge jumps. The bike is not a true mxer but will handle jumps from time to time. It is a littler heavier too. The difference between the 200 and 220 is the piston is a little bigger on the 220 and the carb is also bigger. Other than that I believe that everything else is the same. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

00 KDX 200
Procircuit pipe and silencer
AMA
GNCC

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The 220 actually has a smaller carb which helps with low end torque. It also comes with an o-ring chain stock, unlike the 200. If you search the board, you'll find lots of discussion about the differences in engine performance between the two.

cyclers10

Oct 19, 2000
I got the 220 luv it in the tight stuff , my buddy got it the same one wish it was more mx style, but we only got trails if that in nj, besides the kdx is agood start bike that you can grow into Later see yea in the swamp c10:cool:

RADMAN

Jun 20, 2001
I just got a 2001 KDX 200..I love it! Not really made for any real nasty jumps but it handles fine on normal motocross jumps...Mine is great and I can't wait to modify it a little!:eek:

motomadness

Mar 18, 2001
I m leaning more towards the 200. Like yall say, i wanna be able to win. If i have the 220 i prob wouldnt get close to winning becasue of the 250 and wr250f. But the 200 should suit me well. 5'9 134lbs. i will be coming off of the TTR 125L. On just kdx can i do all the mods for the 200?

MisShift

May 11, 2001
Originally posted by Sage
There trash, nobody here would ever own one!! :silly:

Wow. First off.....its Their, not there. And if you personally dont like the KDX fine, you probably have a good reason to dislike the bike. But please!!! Speak for yourself!!:eek:

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by MisShift
Wow. First off.....its Their, not there

Er.. actually it's probably "they're" as in "they are" . I'm guessing that since Sage has a business involving KDX's, his post was an attempt at humor...

I have to admit, I get a kick out of the posts that fall in the vein of "Is the KDX a good bike?" - What answer are they expecting, asking the question in the KDX forum? :)

jimbo

May 20, 2000
the'96 kdx 200 i bought last year was the most fun bike i've ever owned thus far and it was bone sotck except for the aftermarket exhaust system. i think the 200 is capable of doing battle with your local motocross guys if you put up a little cash for some suspension and motormods then race just for fun.
being realistic it's a superb trail bike and with just a few mods it will thrill anyone with it's lovable fun nature.

jimbo

MisShift

May 11, 2001
Originally posted by BRush

Er.. actually it's probably "they're" as in "they are" . I'm guessing that since Sage has a business involving KDX's, his post was an attempt at humor...

Heh, I knew that one was coming just after I submitted the reply and read it.
Oh well. :eek:

Top Bottom