Pyrotechnic

Oct 20, 2007
hey everone. i need some help on what bike to get, so heres a chart that ive seen in a couple other threads that i filled out.

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5'3'' and 130lbs

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
pretty aggressive

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
everything pretty much, but mainly racing MX/SX

4) Do you have any riding experience?
i have a quad if that counts. ha

5) Do you think you will race ?
yup

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
i can prolly do the simple stuff, if not my dad can help.

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
4 stroke, and whatever is best.

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
hmm, theres a couple but im not sure what they have.

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
idk yet

10) Do you live in California?
nope, NY

11) Your age?

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
ive never riden a dirt bike before, but have drove those little mopeds. hehe. i love mountain biking so im pretty good with balance and all that stuff.

so, what are your opinions?? ive talked with a couple kids who ride and so far there favortie 2 companys are yamaha and honda.

and yes, ik, theres prolly a ton of threads that have the exact same thing, i havent had the time to look stuff up.

thanks a lot

Pyrotechnic

Oct 20, 2007
thanks for the reply. id like a 250 if i could just cuz i dont want to spend another $6000+ on another bike in a few yrs or less if i grow out of it, in what ways would it be big?? hows the kawasaki, suzuki, yamaha, and honda bikes compare??

thanks again

Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
Stick with a bike that fits you now and get good on it you can trade up later I would look at a 125 two stroke as the biggest for now. to ride one well which is hard to do will give you skills that will make you future raceing skills even sharper.

D

Pyrotechnic

Oct 20, 2007
alright. thanks a lot. ill prolly be shopping around here and trying out some of the bikes that the shops have and see what fits. now, what kind of gear would i need, obviously full face, body armor, shin, knee, elbow and the list of pads, ha, but what else would you recommend?? and anyother advise would be great.

Pyrotechnic

Oct 20, 2007
ive done some searching around and im liking the look of the crf150r or expert. i took the seat height from the specs and put my bike seat at the same height and it seem to be good. whats everyones opinon on this bike?? i love honda, there engines are great. my quad is a 2000 honda fourtrex (i think, ha) and there isnt a day where it feels like its slacking off. i also did the measurement of some 250's on my bike and they are gunna be too big. are there kits to lower the suspention?? either way i still will prolly get a 150 or smaller to start out on.

thanks again

Top Bottom