mikeyz

Jul 3, 2008
Well was practicing wheelies even though my rear brake wasnt working :bang:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5SXIJ09CmnA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5SXIJ09CmnA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bikes fine and so am I. Learned my lesson though.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
toolbox.jpg

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
it took me awhile to master wheelies... on my butt, but i cant do them standing up.

It takes practice. Start slow getting the wheel up into the balance zone. Where the bike is almost weightless. It is uncomfortable, at first it will feel like your going to go off the back. but just do them in first gear, then second, then try to hold it there. But practice practice practice.

And i don't use my rear brake while doing a wheelie. Its called throttle control. it looks like you cracked the throttle a good one rite before you went off the back.

Thats what worked for me, but everyone learns different.

mikeyz

Jul 3, 2008
Yea I tend to blip the throttle to keep it up instead of giving it constant throttle. I know that is wrong and Im trying to teach myself some better throttle control. Its my first time going over the back and ive been doing wheelies for quite awhile. O well ill get back in the saddle tomorrow. I think I was in the balance point until the end.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Uhh, I think you kind skipped over the balance point. Having the rear brake handy will save a few bucks worth of fenders if nothing else. I don't use steady throttle to wheelie, of course I don't PORPOSELY go out of 2nd gear on a balance wheelie too often any more. I find it pretty challenging to go slower. See how many feet you can ride one out in first gear. That will get you well acquainted with the balance point. It's generally a pretty narrow window, so any abrupt throttle can send you, well you know.

digifox

May 25, 2006
2strokerfun said:
Wheelie bars!

12`o clock bar. . . . . :pissed:

EDIT:

Sorry didn't say anything about Wheelies. .
First off can you do one if you gun it and stand up leaning over the bars a little?

And maybe you should try fixing the rear brake before trying again. . . . :nener:

Last edited:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
If you're gonna keep that riding style some knee & elbow pads might be a good idea. :nener:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
mikeyz said:
is it considered a riding style when im off the bike more than on it...:whoa:
That's another area of riding you should be working on.....your falling style. ;) Learning how to crash right is very important! More-so for some of us. :whoa:

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
mikeyz said:
what kind of protection would you recommend? I have a roost gaurd but thats it

Having it doesn't do any good unless you wear it!

I have refined my armor to the point where I can take a pretty good tumble and usually come up unscathed.

I have a chest protector with attached sleeves and elbow pads.

Padded shorts, with pads at the hips and thighs.

Knee pads, which tuck into the boots.

I wear a jersey with a little padding on the arms.

MX pants with heavy layers in the critical spots

My sides (rib cage) are a bit vulnerable and get scratched up sometimes. If I ever fell off the back and landed on my ass I would not have any protection but otherwise I do pretty good.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom