Need Some Help With A Printer Problem.

B

biglou

My friend is having a problem with his printer. Getting an error message as follows:

"You cannot print to your MultiPass device because MultiPass background is not running.

Please start MultiPass background from your Start Menu or Program Manager
"

The printer is a Canon BJC5000 Printer/Scanner/Fax/Copier. Running a Packard Bell machine with Windows 95 OS. That's about all I know about it. Went to the Canon site and tried downloading the latest driver, it extracted and installed fine, then we installed the software disc that came with the printer and still get the error message. Yesterday we tried to remove all of the files related to the printer but some would not remove. I tried the Add/Delete Programs but still no luck.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Is there possibly a program that you must open from you Start Menu or Program Manager to get his printer ready. Maybe try looking for a program in Start Menu bar labeled "MultiPass". If not, call up a customer service for advice, or users manual.
Just some thoughts.
Jim

B

biglou

Yeah, it was working, and no I can't find a program called MultiPass to run. It was working just fine, but he started getting error messages. I may have to go over and get CS on the phone for him. He is less computer literate than I am, if you can imagine that!

Top Bottom