Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
I need some jetting info, because my bike needs it bad. Seems a little boggy down low, then once it power band it screams. Hard to keep the thing ideling too after about 30 seconds after starting to warm it, once warm, you always have to give it a little gas, or else it will die. I just did a top end job, and I am in the process of making a leakdown tester just to make sure :whoa: . I am about to tear her down and grease the linkage bearings, swingarm bearings, steering stem bearings.... but before I do that I want to get this bike running right and jetted correctly. For the record I do own a service manual, and it doesn't say anything but give me stock specs for the carb

I looked in the sticky, and 85% of the links in there are dead. I did a search with NO results :whoa: . I need some good links, or even a youtube video on how to do it. Where to start? What jet to start with. I know I will have to do "plug chops" I think they are called?? Never done them before, but I will wind her out through 4th, then kill it, but is it a MUST that I coast to a stop with the clutch pulled in or can I use the brakes?? Do I open the throttle?? Please guide me in the right direction

Also for the record, I am running Castor927 at 32:1, but next tank I am going 25:1, and I want to jet for that.

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
julien_d said:
There is so much info on the web about jetting and 2 strokes it's not even funny.
Here, try this...

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=2+stroke+jetting

spanky's guide that comes up there is pretty good...

I know there is a lot of info, I spent hours yesterday looking at and for jetting links. Just didn't know if yall had any other GOOD links. I want to find a good one, print it, and use it as a small manual while I jet the bike. Plus I had other questions anyways :fft: :cool:

Top Bottom