Ensign

Oct 13, 1999
http://members.home.net/onlinepictures/Bikes_0001.jpg
http://members.home.net/onlinepictures/Bikes_0003.jpg

I'm buying these bikes from a friend of my brother for a really good price. Just going to play around with them. I know the XR200 is a 1996, but I'm not sure what year the Suzuki DR125 is. Anyone have any information or specs on either of these bikes? Is there a reasonable place to get the front number plates for these bikes?

Neither bike has been run in awhile. Any suggestions other than changing gas, oil, cleaning air filter?

Thanks for the help.
----
Brandon

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
My guess is mid-eightys for the DR. Maybe 84, 85, or 86. Take the VIN number to the Suzuki dealer and the parts guy should know how the look it up and tell you the year. There might be a place on the net that can tell you also. For the DR I would remove all the plastic stuff on the front you put a headlight. If looks as if it had one. If you don't put on back on it I remove the tail light. A universal number plate would work for both and can be had pretty cheap from most plastic venders.

As for maintaince. The above mentioned stuff is a good start. check the chain for rust of frozen links. A weak spot in the chain could me you getting straned in the woods. If its got rust on it I would buy a cheap on for it. Make sure the forks and shocks operate correctly and with smooth action. Should be not any unusual noises. The fluid should be changed for the forks. It could have gummed up the inner workings. A tear down and clean would do the trick. Make sure the seals are good too. If the bad gas has been in there the carb should be cleaned out. The rust on the bottom of the DR looks like it needs to be sanded and hit with a rust inhibiting primer and a little paint. I would also take the header and pipe off for some sanding and painting with high time paint. All should be cheap if do don't find much trouble. Mostly time consuming if you are good a maintance type work.

Good luck

Last edited:
Top Bottom