Apr 1, 2004
Hey Everybody,
I'm one of those guys who rode some odd years ago and, thanks to Mr Luckey, have remembered how much fun it can be! :laugh: (He took me out riding a couple times). Before you know it I was checking out the DRN bikes For Sale ads. I ended up buying MXTex's KX250, not knowing how I would get it back to St. Louis.

Anyway, heres how it went. MXTex hauled the bike from Houston up to Dallas(Thanks MXTex). A couple weeks later Tony Eeds hauled the bike from Dallas to Kansas City(Thanks Tony), Mr Luckey took me from St Louis to Kansas City(Thanks Eddie) to pick up the bike. We met up with Big Lou and went to Merlin MX track to meet Tony(and get my new toy). We all rode for a few hours and had a great time! :aj:

That evening we all went out for a little Cajun food and a few beverages, it was loads of fun. Big Lou put us up for the night (Thanks Lou) , and in the morning Eddie and I were headed back to St Louis.
I cannot say enough about the people I've met who are connected with DRN. :worship:

Thank You All,
Mark

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Mmmmaaaarrrrkkkk!!!!

Welcome to the site :cool:

It was great to meet you and ride with you at Merwin.

Jazz was great but I have got to warn you ... WATCH out for those Turbo Dogs. Them suckers bit me good as you know. :bang:

We need to get together again. Probably next spring though the way I move.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Hey Mark, I know we haven't met, but Eddie has talked about you before. He's thrilled that you're riding again. Eddie called me a while back to see if I had any advice on what was wrong with your KX. Did you get everything lined out?

You need to come down and ride with us sometime. Check the "Places to Ride" forum. We're having a big ride Nov. 12-14. Hopefully Eddie will make it to this ride.

Apr 1, 2004
CAL, My KX had a power valve failure, apparantly it walked into the piston. I sent the cylinder up to Eric Gore, he cleaned it up and put the power valve back together. I put a new piston kit in , and now it's ready to go. Took the bike out for a ride last week and it ran great! :yeehaw:
Unfortunately the weekend of Nov.12-14 is no good(sons birthday--and I have plans to go to the football game).As for Eddie he tore up his hub on a friday :ugg: , then riding Aimee's bike on Saturday he separated his shoulder. :bang: So he's laid up for a while.
Thanks for the invite, we'll do it another time! :aj:

Top Bottom