Spencer99

Jun 20, 2007
hey guys,
i just got my carb back from the shop the other day because it needed to be cleaned and im not a whizz with bikes. anyways i just put it back on the bike and took it for a quick spin up and down the street. i noticed it doesnt have much top end kick to it in first gear. do you think it needs to be tuned or jetted? i just gave the shop the carb and they said dont play with it just put it on the bike (2003 cr85).
do you think it needs an adjustment?
thanks

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Is the fuel fresh or old? Is the air filter clean? Did it run this way before you had it cleaned? How lond since the tings were replaced? How about the piston? Have you checked the reeds? A factory Honda Service Manual would be a good friend to have. Trust me even a 3 year old could take the carb apart and put it bck together with one.

Spencer99

Jun 20, 2007
yea i had fresh gas in it because i cleaned out my tank before i started her back up, the air filter was fresh, the piston is fine (nothing done since the last ride without the carb done) so i thought it could have been just some minor tuning.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
How do you know the piston is fine? You sent the carb out to get it worked on. My question in regard to the piston & rings is more significant than you think. The 85's go through them pretty quickly so unless you know when the last top end service was done this could very easily be the heart of the problem that was just enhanced by the new settings.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom