Needle Options for RB carb ,torque pipe on a 01 220

BRYDEN1

Sep 22, 2003
I have searched the threads and almost all apply to 200's. Anyone out there running a RB carb on a 220 with a torque pipe. I,m sending my carb and head to Ron soon and would like to have a few extra needles to try. Any Suggestions to try would be appreciated. He supplies a CEK with the mods.
Are CEL and BEL good choices for the 220 as well?

Last edited:

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
Last time I talked to Ron, he was pretty up on good needle suggestions.
I don't remember seeing too many posts that offered different opinions on 200 vs 220 needles.
My quick advice: CEK = hardest motocross hit
BEM = more enduro like wider power band with less hit
Backing out air screw from hardest acceleration = slower 4-stroke like pull up long slippery hills
Flywheel weight = another great way to slow down hit for tight, technical riding
My 200 = BEM clip #4, AS 2 1/4 turns out with FMF pipe, pump gas, at 400' above sea level
I stil have a pile of untried needles on the bench for summer testing!

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Do your search on the word airstryker. It will provide you more on the RB mod carb.

d rockwell

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2001
I've been running a DEK since last season & believe it works better than the BEL. I feel more immediate response in tight woods riding with a cleaner burn. I'm usually riding above 7000 feet on single path trials; mostly 1st & 2nd gear. My bike is a 200KDX but I feel the DEK would also work on a 220KDX. I have run the same set up on fire roads at faster speeds & the plug still looks good. If you ride in the woods alot you'll like a steathy flywheel weight. I've also changed from Boyesen Power Reeds to V-Force Delta Reeds & like the better throttle response, although the V-Force reeds pricey.

BRYDEN1

Sep 22, 2003
Everyones input is much appreciated. Thank you. I'll throw my 2 cents in the future.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…