djwages

Mar 11, 2005
Hi DRNers,

Well I'm returning to the dirtbike world after about a 15 year hiatus and man have things changed. I started riding when I was maybe 12 and progressed up to 125 B- class before being outclassed by the change in works bikes rules in the 80's. Ever since I sold my last bike I've regretted it and decided to make the plunge again. I'm not as young as I used to be (35 now) but then again I'm not getting any younger. I picked up a 2004 YZ250 F and am looking for some fun trail riding and mild track riding to get reacclamated to the sport.

I'd love to here from anyone in the Atlanta area of good places to ride and anyone with advice. I'm in the Buckhead area so I don't think the local LEO would appreciate jaunts down Peachtree Street;-). Good thing about my location is I can go North, South, East or West of Atlanta in equal time. I've seen all the places off of GeorgiaOffRoad and welcome advice on those. Ithink I am going to try Durhamtown first, maybe this weekend (I;m ready!) I also would be interested in hearing of any "off the beaten path" places to ride if you catch my drift. When I used to ride, some of these were the most fun.

Anyway thanks in advance.

Jeff

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Hey, Jeff!

Next weekend we'll be at Aonia on Saturday and then Durhamtown on Sunday. Interested?

DP is closer to you (by about 40 miles) and has more to offer, but Aonia is cheaper, has a really great track, and has some fun, easy trails, too.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site Jeff :cool:

Gomer is one of the best members on the site. You can't go wrong hooking up with him and riding.

Check out the Southern Spodes forum for opportunities to hook up with fellow DRNers as well.

djwages

Mar 11, 2005
Thanks

Thanks for the invite. Next Saturday I may be doing a driving tour with the local Triumph club but if that falls through I'll get with you and work out the details. I'll be easy to spot..I'll be the guy with the shiny new apparel, sitting staring at the triple like someone who ran into an old high-school girlfriend..u know..u dont know whether to be happy or scared so you approach with caution.

L8R

djwages

Mar 11, 2005
Went to Durhamtown...what a blast

Hey,

Thanks for recommendations. Went to Durhamtown this past Sunday(3/13) and had a blast. I can't move now because I'm so sore but I'm ready to go at again this weekend.

Let me know how to find you guys and I'll look for you if I can make it Sunday.

L8R
Jeff
"TT's are for jumpin', not rubbin"

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom