geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
Anybody buy any new bikes from North American Motorcycle Brokers out of British Columbia and Washington State? I think they are Canadian, but they also have the location of WA in their ads. They advertise on Cycle Trader.com and seem to have lower bike prices than everybody else. They also say they will ship these bikes anywhere in the US for about $200.00.

Anybody with any experience buying from them? Pros and cons? Thanks.

deanmc

Sep 21, 2002
I've talked to a couple guys who bought thier bikes from them. They said everything went fine but check with them to make sure your bike is a us model. I live in Seattle and was talking with them about a bike they said they would even meet me half way and deliver the bike state side. I think thier fine.

oldslodave

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 2002
A riding bud of mine bought a Canadian KTM450 about a month ago (I think it was from a different guy though) and his deal went great. However, KTM had a recall on the lower triple clamp and the local dealer, nor the district level KTM folks would make it good. According to them, since it was Canadian, it wasn't their problem. I also remember Kevin Hines (of E-line/CRE fame) had issues with Honda USA over his Euro Spec Hondas coming into the US.
I almost bought an 02 CR from North American and did check him out with a couple of local guys he had sold bikes to. I had heard they were straight up and there were no issues with DMV. Would have done it but then ran across a local deal that was better. Good Luck

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
Thanks for the responses.

A KTM is what I was interested in buying, and I wonder about the triple clamp issue, from a Canadian dealer.

This dealer also has KTM RFS bikes in factory dual purpose specs: lights, turn signals and horn for street riding. Somebody told me these bikes were a mistake deliverly by KTM and were supposed to go to OZ. They look nice in the pics, but I heard there are no street title with these bikes.

Didn't KTM say their RFS bikes were not for dual sport use? Well, why do they make these factory models then?

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Hey G.
The Ktm Dealer here in town (Petrie) has a 625 SX (Dual Sport)
After some checking (they were not supposed to have any in the States for another few months!) I found out that it was a Canadian model. Different carb, and brake light wires snipped. No big deal except for the fact that it is a 2002 and not a 2003. Title did not mention anything about it no being usable as a dual sport. I know Canadian specs are different, so I wonder what this might do for the resale value of the bike?

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
Wolf--I've got to get over to Petrie and check out what they have.

What did you replace that SX with?

Kyle---You've got everything in BC. Nice bikes, nice trails, and you probably have snow. None here. I've been learning more about these Canadian bikes and sent a note with many questions to the above dealer. No response yet.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
The reason they come equipped for dual sport is because in some countries you need a street legal bike to race in enduros.

Canada gets a lot of these european enduro bikes that come equipped with a horn, blinkers, and DOT rated tires. :thumb:

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
But in actuality, these bikes don't come with a street legal title, or papers for one--just some non-official looking papers, the way I understand it. You may or may not have luck getting it street legal in your state or Canada. I heard no cush drive or radiator fan, either. And it's geared for the highway. I'm getting most of this info from a guy who is selling one used on Thumper Talk.

Last edited:

GAnderson

~SPONSOR~
Dec 5, 2002
Bought a CR250 from them ... no problems. The freight guy said mine was the 4th in about 2 months that he has received. Price and shipping cost were actually even lower when I called to send the $$$.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
The only problem we have out here is the Canadian bikes that folks want registered for the street. There's a conflict in the DOT and EPA specs and if it isn't made for US standards, some states won't allow it. Good luck

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
Lots of information on this dealer on Thumper Talk under Honda CRF 450. Search for North American Motorcycle Brokers.

It seems most are happy with this Canadian dealer. A lot of the KTM's he is still advertising are sold out.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I have to say most likely, yes. If they are new, then the dealerships that get them here are those models. Usually the only difference here is there are 49 state bikes and California models (usually applies to street).

Top Bottom