madmike90

Aug 3, 2007
i just picked up an '05 CRF450R for $2200 in great shape

pro circuit exhaust, newer plastics, valves just redone, the works.

firstly, was this a good price?

and second, i need to pick up a set of sprockets and a chain for it. any suggestions?

ill be riding woods and the occasional track day.

thanks

mike
Edit/Delete Message

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i have had good luck with D.I.D. chains and OEM sprockets myself

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
madmike90 said:
ifirstly, was this a good price?

Doesn't really matter since you already bought it.
But looking through ads around here (where everyone is Way Too Proud of their clapped-out bikes when they list them), it's in the ballpark to the low side of what sellers are asking.

madmike90

Aug 3, 2007
2strokerfun said:
Doesn't really matter since you already bought it.
But looking through ads around here (where everyone is Way Too Proud of their clapped-out bikes when they list them), it's in the ballpark to the low side of what sellers are asking.

okay thats what i figured.
this bike is in the high side on condition fortunately.

The chain and sprocket set on the bike is in great shape i just dont like the gearing, he has it set for accelleration but it shifts way to soon, i just want to go back to stock gearing.
13/48 correct?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
madmike90 said:
okay thats what i figured.
this bike is in the high side on condition fortunately.

The chain and sprocket set on the bike is in great shape i just dont like the gearing, he has it set for accelleration but it shifts way to soon, i just want to go back to stock gearing.
13/48 correct?

13/48 is correct for stock..

I just picked up a set of Ironman Sprockets with a Regina O-Ring chain.. Very happy with the purchase. They're not cheap though.

madmike90

Aug 3, 2007
thanks gomer, the valves were replaced.

Indy, thanks for the suggestion i ended up going with a supersprox rear (48), supersprox front (13), and Primary Drive 520 ORH Gold X-Ring Chain 520x114.

how are you healing up man?

madmike90

Aug 3, 2007
IndyMX said:
Well, as I am very old.. It's slow. But I can ride again, so it just doesn't matter. ;)

great man!

doesn't matter if you're old or not you could probably still whoop my ass on the track.

injuries are no fun man, i was riding 5 years ago at a local track in the woods with a few doubles and some fun berms.
this kid on a quad was sitting on top of the second jump of the double, in the middle, sitting there.
i came around a berm and took the double at speed and in the air saw the kid and instead of hitting him and most likely killing/maiming him i jumped off my bike and kicked it to the side so that my bike went to one side of him and i went to the other.

well, at that speed and height, i hit hard, very hard.

shattered my pelvic girdle (hip bone).

kid yelled "F#$%ing A-Hole!" and rode off, didnt check if i was okay. i laid there in shock for a good few minutes before my buddies caught up to me.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
madmike90 said:
great man!

doesn't matter if you're old or not you could probably still whoop my ass on the track.

haha I doubt that.. I'm slow too..

madmike90 said:
injuries are no fun man, i was riding 5 years ago at a local track in the woods with a few doubles and some fun berms.
this kid on a quad was sitting on top of the second jump of the double, in the middle, sitting there.
i came around a berm and took the double at speed and in the air saw the kid and instead of hitting him and most likely killing/maiming him i jumped off my bike and kicked it to the side so that my bike went to one side of him and i went to the other.

well, at that speed and height, i hit hard, very hard.

shattered my pelvic girdle (hip bone).

kid yelled "F#$%ing A-Hole!" and rode off, didnt check if i was okay. i laid there in shock for a good few minutes before my buddies caught up to me.

Ouch...

madmike90

Aug 3, 2007
High Lord Gomer said:
Cool! That's a high dollar exhaust, isn't it?

Take it easy on Indy...he's getting old (almost as old as me).

yea that exhaust is a pretty penny, the bike sounds so powerful nothing like anything ive had before, i havent ridden it yet because ive been waiting on the chain and sprockets and as much as im itching to take it out for a spin i dont want the severe slapping of the chain to cause damage to anything. a little exercise in self control :bang:

Top Bottom