APOWER

Nov 2, 1999
I reserved my '03 250F today, and since I will be buying a new/ expensive/ high performance bike, I want to take the time to correctly set up the suspension.

I'm about 175 lbs with gear and I would consider myself an above average rider. Sorry I can't be more help in the skill-level category, I've never raced so I can't give a specific class.

One of my few complaints about the KDX was the need to have both ends of the suspension worked on to get a good set-up. At 175 lbs, will I need to have the 250F resprung/ revalved?

How is sag measured? I've heard 100-110mm of sag, but is that from completely unloaded to loaded with rider or is it from loaded to loaded with rider? :think: That was some bad wording, hopefully you'll know what I'm going for.

Thanks,
Andrew

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
from what i have hear locally about the 250f, that the valving is good for MX and you can get away with just changing your springs! put the bike on the stand, measure the distance from the axle to the fender. then sit on the bike and the differnece (race sag) should be 100 mm. then bounce the rear end a couple of times and re-measure (not sat on the bike) i think this free sag should be around 15-20mm and this means the spring rates are correct.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
no the sag is set by the preload on the spring. the clickers control the damping rate. buy the eric gorr book, its all in there and you cant go wrong!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom