New camera, C&C please.

I honestly have no idea what separates an amateur picture from a professional. But I think most people could pick out the pro pics from the amateurs, given a set of pictures.

But I will say pictures #1 and #3 look like something my mom would have taken while were riding around our backyard.

#2 looks / feels more like something a professional photographer has taken.

_JOE_

Subscriber
I agree. The focal piont is much better in #2. I still have a lot of practicing to do. I think the zoom is too far out on the others. These are the few pics that turned out decent, as it was very dusty after I crashed and decided to take some shots :) . Hopefully I'll get some opportunities to shoot some more moto this season. I'll see if I can find a few more that turned out ok.

With my Canon... EOS Rebel XTi I just select the Sports auto settings.... click the lense to AF (Auto-Focus)... pick a stationery object near where the rider will pass-by the intended shooting point.... half-press the shutter release to get an auto-focus... then click off auto-focus and make some slight manual adjustments as needed... then wait for the prey.. er.. I mean victim... um um.. I mean subject! to ride past the jump or berm or whatever.

Much faster and easier method for taking the shots and the pics are amazing!

Such as "Girls on Trampolines"

And this guy getting insane height...

And my younger bro doing a flip...

Sigh... Ya just gotta love girls on trampolines! ;)

_JOE_

Subscriber
The tent in those pics appears in better focus than the people. What lens do you use?