gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
My computer no likey. :(

I keep getting: "A script in this movie is causing Macromedia Flash Player 6 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?"

Even when I do manage to get in there after a mintue or more of loading, it's very slow and locks up right after I get that message. :(

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
speedy, go to macromedia.com and download the newest flash player.

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
I get the same message as Speedie except mine says "Flash Player 7" :whiner:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Dapper said:
I get the same message as Speedie except mine says "Flash Player 7" :whiner:

I got the same error (Flash Player 7) as well after spending like 45 minutes in chat.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
grrr, Internet Explorer boots me everytime I try the /back ## command. I can't back read :whiner:
Aimee no likey new chat, it hates usss

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Okie, I get to the forums using a proxy server : http://www.peacefire.org/nph-proxy.cgi/

I used to use Proxify, but you have to pay to be able to login so I went to this other. It acts as if it will load chat, but then the page it loads is a blank white page.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Well, somehow I was able to get in. I dont remember how, but Im in.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I was hoping so Lou but it appears not. I bumped mine up but checked later and it was only using 2k. That is 2k of hard drive space not memory and is apparently used for things that are similar to cookies!

On another note, I have 768 meg in my laptop and haven't had any issues except when I tried to resize the window, it seemed to get confused on where to put the re-arranged text. Haven't tried backreading.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
When I tried the /back 300 .... my IE choked up as well.

I will try the frequent /clear maybe that will help. Seems strange it's a memory issue when I often work with 5MB-10MB databases and stuff.... but maybe it's memory allotted to flash.

Milk - the initial white screen after those little status bar thingies is normal the first time I think. Mine took a minute or two as well.

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
I assume my name is in chat but, I'm not. It's doiing the same thing today that it did yesterday. Flashes to the chat for a second then to a login. I enter my login name and password and it says someone has logged in under that user name. I guess I'll keep trying. So if I don't answer you back it's because I'm not really there :|

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Dapper - try clicking the "pit" link on the top of the DRN screen while logged into DRN. It's up there ^^ between "forums" and "active topics". I have used the "pit" link and don't need to log in - it automatically recognizes me as nikki.

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I get the white screen, been staring at it for 19 minutes...

I did the memory thing, says it's only using 1k, I don't know what's going on.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I can't get in. Takes really long and since I only chat from home my computer is probably not fast or powerful enough to deal with it. *sigh*

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I can't get in with IE, but Modzilla works every time for me

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I get the white screen. No go.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom