rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Hi,
SO im finally gonna put a new clutch in my 01, staying w/an oem unit, stood up since 01 w/lots of rides..
ANyways, if i decide next week too go w/a hinson clutch basket/inner hub, is it ok too go w/the worn in clutch?? Or should i wait and get everything new at once.. The work part dont bother me much, i just dont want too re-place the hub if i dont have too.. Thanks in advance..
Rick

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Dont you hate it when people say .."It depends..."

Well, Why are you replacing your clutch? If it is slipping , the plates would help it. If your getting poor performanace because of anotched basket, then it wont.

I did my plates first, then added the basket the next month without any trouble. The plates did not do much. Had I owned Erics Book at this time, I probably would not have needed to replace the plates.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
my rm clutch was nasty, all i did was fitted the stormin norman billet basket and drilled some holes in the stock hub and polished it a bit. i used the old plates and everything measured fine- the tangs wernt worn and they fitted very snug into the basket. the clutch works like a dream now. however, at some point i realise the hub will need swapping and at that point i will buy hinson.

moral of the story- measure everything, you can save a lot of parts that way!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Thank you for the info.. Next month i will go w/a Hinson.. Last ride, my clutch started slipping, i could feel it.. It's time..
RIck
PS.. I will measure :thumb:

Top Bottom