CR 250 MXer

Jan 30, 2002
I am looking for a new helmet for hopefully under $150. I would like to find one that is as light as possible. I was looking at the new HJC CLX-4 and the Thor. Is anyone happy or unhappy with these helmets or others similar to these?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Scooter has a Thor SVX, nice helmet for the money. Pretty light next to my Arai VX-Pro.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Might want to check out Bell Moto SL's too (SL = Super Light). Nice helmet at an even nicer price. Some cool replica paint jobs too (like Showtime 4 and Honda of Troy) and the Track Graphics design is pretty cool too. I had a Moto SL before my Moto 7. Moto SL's are $120 at Bobs and I'm sure you'll find similar prices at other places too.

Vytas

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 31, 2001
I just bought a HJC CLX-4, Black & Silver, and am very happy with it. This was my second HJC helmet. The HJC rep that I spoke with said that HJC is the leading helmet manufacturer in the world and that HJC makes the THOR helmets as well. For $130 I had it delivered to my house in three days. As much as I like the Arai and Shoei, I can not afford $350-450 for a single helmet when I have three boys riding with me.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am very happy with my HJC. For me the decision had to do with comfort. The largest MSR helmet fit tight. The HJC was a lot more comfortable and I was surprised at how lightit felt.
Mikie

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
I'm on my 2nd HJC helmet. I had the CL-X3 and now own the CL-X4. The helmets are great, high quality and they just look good. The venting of the X4 is much better then the X3 and the style, well my friends thought I had a Shoei.

It's a high quality helmet for a low price, I will stay with HJC helmets for a long time.

Lee W.

scandi

Feb 14, 2002
KBC Helmets

Has anybody used the KBC helmets? I recently purchased a street helmet from KBC, The Galaxy, based on a plug from Motor Cyclist Magaziine. Great price and comfy, however they run large. I had to order a small...

I am looking to buy a backup to my Shoei and was looking at the KBC. I note they have been advertising more in the mags.

Any feedback would be great.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom