New here and looking to get my first Dirtbike

Cutupsum

Nov 5, 2005
I am one of the newest guys here and I currently live in High Point NC. I am from VA which is where I would be keeping my new toy. I have had 4-Wheelers before but now I am looking at getting a 95' CR250R to start with. I found this site and loved the layout and info giving so far so I decided to join to get help as to whether or not I should make this purchase.

It is a 95' with a cracked head and busted piston. I would have to get some1 else to do the rebuild but I have no idea how much it owuld cost and what parts I would need to buy. Other thatn that the bike is in excellent shape and has been sitting for 3 years. I was told I could get it for $500 but I am not sure if I will end up putting too much in it to get it running.

Looking forward to learning here. Thanks

Cutupsum

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Check out the CR / KX / RM / YZ (2-Stroke) Discussion forum for specific issues on your CR. If memory serves me correctly, Honda produced the same (or very similar) CR throughout the 90's. Also, peruse the General Bike Repair forum for good info and great folks always willing to help out, answer questions or just offer support.

For parts, check out Service Honda.

Also, as one of the best resources on the planet, I highly recommend MX & Off-Road Performance Handbook -3rd Edition - by Eric Gorr. It can be purchased via this link (or by clicking on the copy of the book on the left side of the screen). I have a copy and have found the book to be very thorough in its’ discussion of the various components of a motorcycle. Eric’s many years of experience are self evident. Additionally, Eric Gorr’s Forward Motion Racing is a valuable resource for engine work.

One more thing! Check out the Southern Spodes forum for opportunities to hook up with fellow DRNers. There are a bunch just to your south and west.

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

Last edited:
Top Bottom