New KDX220R With 2001 35m Carb

Ytown Dbike

Apr 3, 2002
The rad valve and delta force are both similar products, both give a increase in power, and from my experiences it would be difficult to notice the extra(if any) power the delta force has over the rad valve. I have a delta force, but if you allready have the rad valve, I say keep it.

rmacdona

Mar 10, 2002
O.K. I am going to try the rad valve and keep an eye on it, any suggestions on jetting? (Pro circuit pipe, silencer, 35mm carb, no airbox cover, 800ft, high humidity, 85 degrees, on a 2002 kdx220. Also about 65 miles on my bike, when do I need to worry about rings?
Rick

rmacdona

Mar 10, 2002
Rad valve is in, works amazing, 1173k at 2nd clip, 150, 45 (wanted 42 but carb warehouse miss shipped it), air screw at 2.5.
Rick

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
It's a DELTAFORCEII...with a two...tu...dos. NOT a DELTAFORCE with NO two.

It's only been out about a year. Is that what mr. fredette tried? Is that what you have ytown? Bet not.

http://www.mototassinari.com/

..for basic info. Call for application for the kdx.

It has twice the reed tip surface of anything else. 'Similar'?? Well..they DO both have reeds. Past that, they aren't even close.

To each his own. I've used/ridden about six different reed setups..reeds AND valves in two different (both '00 200s) bikes. MotoTassinari developed the II with input from these bikes. Saying the deltaforce is 'similar' to the deltaforceII is like saying a '73LA340 Mopar is 'similar' to a '72 340.

And, yes...someone DID ask my opinion!;)

OLD-N-SLOW

Nov 21, 2000
CC,
Good info on the MTII reed valve. Kinda wish you would not have said anything,now I have to convince the wife that it really"is" worth the money.

Just for fun, this is all I can think of:

'73 340.......................'72 340
cast crank --- steel crank
1.88" intake valve --- 2.02" intake valve
8.5:1 or so comp --- 10.5:1 comp , best i remember.

Maybe more but I think thats the hi-points(or ecu, as it were).
Steve

Ytown Dbike

Apr 3, 2002

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
O&S. Hey...you really ARE old ;) Your points are correct. I should be asking YOU about vacuum break setups for mopar's diaphragm distributor on a motor that makes only a couple inches of Hg @ idle:)

ytown: Yes. It is. Curious..what color is the cage on your valve?

Ytown Dbike

Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by canyncarvr
ytown: Yes. It is. Curious..what color is the cage on your valve? [/B]

I am not sure, Iam away at school right now, but Iam pretty sure its a dark gray.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…