Status
Not open for further replies.

eric618

Apr 28, 2007
Hey guys, I'm a n00b here... I haven't ridden mx bikes in a long time (about 10 years), and recently got a '96 YZ125 from a friend for practically nuthin' ;)

Question is, I used to run Golden Spectro oil all the time, and had the mix ratio down perfect. Problem is, no one local to me carries Spectro anymore. I settled on Amsoil Dominator 2-stroke oil. With THAT oil, and my bike in mind, what are your suggestions for premix ratios?

Thanks a ton in advance!

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
It depends what the bike was previously jetted at, and what your specs are (temp and height from sea level).

It's most likely 32:1, but it may be different. I'd suggest checking it to see if it's at stock setting, if not, put it back to stock setting and run 32:1. See how that works out for you, and jet it accordingly from there.

eric618

Apr 28, 2007
Thanks guys. I know it's been jetted after the old owner swapped the filter element, opened up the airbox, and fitted a FMF pipe/silencer. Where he went from stock with the jetting I don't know.

I'll start at 32:1, and tinker from there. Thanks again! :cool:

eric618

Apr 28, 2007
Slightly off topic, how would you guys rate that oil? I am so outta the loop I don't know anything re: bikes anymore! :think:

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
Lot's of good oils out there but for me it's Maxima; Castor 927. Use to use BelRay MC1 but was told by a good machanic that he didn't think to much of that oil and suggested that I use Maxima. My 2 pennies.

eric618

Apr 28, 2007
just_a_rider said:
Lot's of good oils out there but for me it's Maxima; Castor 927. Use to use BelRay MC1 but was told by a good machanic that he didn't think to much of that oil and suggested that I use Maxima. My 2 pennies.
Thanks for the input bro!

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Yet another 1 of 183 pre mix threads comes to an end. RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom