jtorres

Apr 6, 2002
I am ready to buy a new pipe and spark arrestor for my 2000 KDX220R. Any suggestions?
I ride mostly woods and weight 190 wihtout gear.

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
seems like most people run the FMF rev pipe on those. Mine fit perfect but the silencer was another story. I haven't heard anything bad about the PC though and the fit is supposed to be real good. Or you could do a FMF pipe and PC silencer. I'm not sure about PC models but I remember hearing that they sell one with no finish on it that rusts all the time and one with a finish that won't rust.

Maybe someone could comment on the wall thickness and durability of the pc. The FMF is pretty thick metal and resists denting pretty good.

R. Phillips

Sep 10, 2002
I too am in the market for a pipe. I have an 01' kdx 220. I've called 3 or 4 different companies and all three recommended the Pro Circuit pipe over the FMF, for my 220. Apparently most MX race teams, including Kawasaki, run the Pro Circuit.

I was told the FMF Gnarly helps low to mid but loses on top, rev pipe helps mid to top but doesn't help low. SST helps over all, but with "recommended" matching silencer, costs $380.

Pro Circuit helps over all similar to SST, for a lot less money.

rockymountainmc.com (1-800-336-5437) was by far the cheapest. I ordered one today "Pro Circuit Platinum" for $144 and a spark arrestor for $99.
Hope this helps.

Cactus Jim

Apr 1, 2002
jtorres ....
Although I have a 200, like R.Phillips, I went w/ PC plated pipe and "factory sound" (304) silencer, although next time, I'd go with the spark arrestor. Performance is great. To help with the low end and throttle responce, I installed Boyesen "Power" Reeds. A good $30 investment. You'll also probably need to rejet. Jets on the 200 are different than the 220, so I can't help you there.
Good luck ....

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Has anyone (acutemp?) done dyno testing between the PC and Brand F? Dan has some great data comparing the KDX to the KTM, and between the two FMF's, but I'd be curious if anyone has any hard data on how the power curve moves around with the PC.

RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
I have a FMF Torque and a Turbine Core 2. I can tell a big difference in the pipe. I ride woods 95% with a small 5% of our rides in 4,5,and 6th gear. I didn't have a single problem with fitting either part. I did however read the boards about pipe fitting and was worried when I got mine in, but I didn't have a problem. You have to decide what type of riding you mainly do, then choose accordingly. It's six of one, half dozen of another. The place I bought mine was www.gopartsdirect.com free shipping on FMF's. Good luck.

:yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom