Rich B

Feb 11, 2002
I just bought a new pipe and silencer DYNO PORT BIG VOLUME this thing took my low end tractor and turned it in to a mid rang nightmare.I ride all tight woods NE PA loved the bike before now I cant get out of first gear low end stinks mid is off the chart but if you shift and drop the rpm's its flatens has no pull then bam power. My question is does this sound normal or is this thin jetted wrong??????? bike is 01 220 pipe air box mod

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Well either the pipe is not suited to forest work or the jetting needs dialling. The pipe will affect power in relation to revs. Think of the jets in relation to throttle position rather than revs.

Try turning the idle screw in for richer & out for leaner & check if one way feels better. If it does try a pilot jet in that direction. Also try moving the needle clip in each direction which may give you an idea.

Keep a watch on throttle position. If the problem occurs when full open then main should be played with.

If no jet tinkering helps, & it is throttle independent then time to rethink the pipe.

Good luck.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
It sounds like you have some jetting issues and need to dial things in. Work through the Jetting Guide on the JustKDX home page and I'm sure you can smooth things out some. Like David said the pipe may not be suited for tight woods work and do some quick adjustments with the airscrew and jet needle to get a feel for what effect jetting will have.

My guess is that the jetting at lower throttle settings is a little rich then leans out some as you approach mid throttle settings. This is quite typical for 220s with a rev pipe and stock jetting. You may need to do some playing around with different jet needles as well, the BEL comes to mind.

Give Dyno Port a call they may have worked things out for you already.

slcyclerace

Feb 10, 2002
I was all set to throw my two cents in but Canadian Dave and David Trustrum said it all. Call Rich at Dyno Port & I'll bet he has an answer and will be more than happy to help.

Rich B

Feb 11, 2002
called dyno port today rich was not in they told me I should not have to rejet whats up with that ???? I should have bought a fmf live and learn costly mistake

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom