kdxquebec

Mar 16, 2002
I run a stock kdx 200 1989 with the air snorkle removed.I fouled a plug once in 4 years.the jetting is stock.bike runs verry good

my stock silencer make weird noises so i decided to take it appart.i oppened it and found that some tubes and baffles are unwelded so i bought a fmf silencer.this is the old style fmf silencer.i can see light if i look in one end so it is a strait pipe silenser,not a spark arrester.

my question is: does i need to play with jetting if i replace only the silencer.i keep the stock pipe.

i read a lot of jetting stuff but i speak french and i dont really understand everything.i would like some recommendations ,guidelines or advices whith this case please. :worship:

johnkdx220

Feb 6, 2003
Kdxquébec,

I wish you could leave your noizy stock silencer on.. that way I could tel how far back you are away from me. :laugh:

By the way, I keep getting mixt answers about how much HP you can get just by slapping on a silencer. The important thing here is that, your 89 will look and sound better! A stock 1989... A rare thing. You could almost sell it to a museum!

See you next season buddy!

Top Bottom