destructo

Feb 24, 2006
I took a shot in the dark and ordered an 06 KX 250 front fender for my 2000 220r and figured even if I had to redrill the holes to mount it correctly it would be worth it, and to my surprise, bolted up like it was made for the bike, exact same bolt pattern, so for those of us still stuck with the crummy stock forks, this makes it look a little better without the old dated fender, all I had to do was drill the old rivets out of the cable bracket on the stock fender and re-drill the new fender and re-rivet, 03 to 08 KX 125/250 and KX250f/450f all take the same fender, heres some pics....
Picture314.jpg

Picture313.jpg

Picture315.jpg

Picture312-1.jpg

destructo

Feb 24, 2006
Thanks, ive really enjoyed it, I goofed up and bought the Knarly woods pipe when I got the bike about 8 months ago, great bottom end but need a little more hit up top so I went ahead and ordered the FMF Rev pipe, gonna be here tuesday, super fun bike, looking forward to a little more topend.

destructo

Feb 24, 2006
I was really surprised to find that it bolted right up, I guess it would work the same for the 200, definately gives it somewhat of a much needed facelift.

destructo

Feb 24, 2006
wakedaze said:
WOW! That is one sweet KDX! Is that a Maier rear fender?

Thanks, yep it's a maier, I think you can get em in black to, I believe it was around 50 bucks.

reng

Feb 15, 2008
The Maier front number plate looks sharp. If you don't need the front light, I suggest swapping that out too. FRP sold me the fender and the plate. The number plate takes a little creativity, but it's 10 minutes of work.

destructo

Feb 24, 2006
I really like the light, when I disconnected the rear fender light the headlight got brighter, I thought about haveing the stator rewound so I can upgrade to a KLX450 headlight with a halogen, nothin like blastin through the woods at night on a 2-stroke!!

Top Bottom