Metal Washers in Old Fender

91KDX

Jan 23, 2003
I just bought a new UFO front fender for my 98 KDX 200. I think the old front fender was from a KX since I have a KX front end conversion. I drilled the holes in the new fender and they all matched up right. But in the old fender there are metal washer like things in the the bolt holes. I think they are there so you dont tighten down the bolts to the point were the fender breaks under the presure. I want to know if I should still use those washers or not. I have the fender on right now without the washers, and if I put the washers in I will have to drill the holes bigger. Any suggestions?

Ben

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
The washers allow metal to metal contact and thus proper tighting of the bolts. With out them,,,the plastic can become crushed and the bolts may loosen
It'd be best if they were used.

Buc

Danny Stein

Nov 12, 2002
The metal washers pop out with a flat head screwdriver. Just start drilling small holes untill the washer can be beaten in with a hammer or pushed with your fingers. Real easy to do. The Washers are there to make the life of the fender last a whole alot longer. Especially in the winter when the plastic gets hard and brittle. Should take you no more than 10 minutes to do. Happy KDX'n

Top Bottom