Wayne Meuir

Feb 2, 2009
I just picked up an '03 KDX 200 in really good shape. I have not ridden a dirt bike since 1986, and may well be too old, but I'm gonna give it a try. Used to trail ride a lot.

The bike appears stock except the headlight has been removed, it has an FMF Gnarly pipe with an FMF Spark Arrestor on it. Don't know if anything inside the engine has been modded or not, but it runs very strong.

The guy I got it from has Maxima 927 Castor in the gas. I plan on changing to a non castor based synthetic oil as I don't want the engine gummed up.

I need to get a shop manual, a rear rotor guard, maybe some taller bars, and a pipe guard.

Looking for to plonking around in the woods.

Wayne

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
I really don't think you need to worry about 927 gumming up your engine. It's a synthetic/castor blend and those who use it swear by it.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
congrats and as far as the taller bars take a look at the moose xc bend avalible in both the $40 aluminium and the $20 steel you can look them up on parts unlimited catolog..the thing I like most is they don't have alot of pull back (in other words the part where the grips go is more straight than bent back towards the rider)

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
Hi. For the 2003 KDX200, the service manual is Kawasaki part number 99924-1181-10. It is available from your local Kawasaki dealer, or you can order it from the Kawasaki.com site. It is the same manual that Kawasaki dealerships use.

It can pay for itself when you do the first "one hour of whatever the dealer charges for labor" is saved.

http://www.kawasaki.com/kawasakinew...lCode=KDX220A10

Congratulations on your purchase. Don't rush into it, and have fun!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom