New Xr 650

TOTALL

Feb 21, 2002
HEY GUYS, MY BUDDY JUST BOUGHT A 01 XR650 BRAND NEW NEVER RIDDEN :aj: IS THERE ANY THING WE NEED TO DO TO THE BIKE BESIDES GREASING SWING ARM, LINKAGE AND STEERING BEARINGS. WHATS THE BEST WAY TO BREAK IN THE MOTOR. ;)
THANKS GUYS

Buckholz

Mar 15, 2000
I owned one for a year.

Lots of fixin to do. Join XR650R@yahoogroups.com

They are the experts at the BRP (Big Red Pig)

Don't even ride it without uncorking and rejetting, you can hurt it during breakin

BigBore

Jun 16, 1999
Definately get the Power Up parts and uncork it. Make sure you keep up on checking some of the bolts. To date, I've lost a skidplate bolt, right sidepanel bolt, and a rear fender bolt. The kickstarter bolt has come loose a couple times, but I don't have a problem with it anymore. Other than that, its been pretty trouble free.

trivial

Feb 14, 2002
http://xr650r.net/

Check out here for uncorking the beast. Night and day difference between the stocker and the unrestricted bike. Also...join the Yahoo group as listed above...anything and everything that you want to know about the bike can be found there.

Redrider

Nov 2, 1999
I have a 2002 xr 650 and was wondering about purchasing the power up kit, but I heard that this kit knocks the mileage from 70 miles approx. to about 50. Any opinions or truth on this matter?
Redrider

BigBore

Jun 16, 1999
Yes, your fuel mileage will suffer. But, if you're still riding the bike in its show-room stock form, you don't know what you're missing. I'd almost be willing to bet a good running XR400 would hang with a stock 650. Uncork the thing already!! :D

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
Rding the bike without uncorking it will make it prone to overheating and really hurts the performance. At the very least get the powerup muffler baffle andcarb mounting boot, then richen up the main jet about 3 sizes the pilot jet one size and raise the needle clip one positon from stock.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…