Jac Blac

Jun 6, 2005
Hey there,

My names Jac.
I'm a 25 yr old living in Johannesburg, South Africa.

I ride a 03 Honda CR250.

I'm riding all kinds of terrain at the moment.
We do a lot of trail rides, mine dump rides(soft sand which I love) and some track at times.

Look forward to posting here.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site fellers.

I changed the title slightly as SA also means San Antonio to Texans and I want to make sure people find y'all.

Jac Blac

Jun 6, 2005
Just got my cr

I've been reading about all these jetting and Carb problems with the CR

I've been trying to source a Keihin carb and can't find squat.

Did you sort yours out?

Link to a thread of yours?

mladewig

Mar 2, 2004
I got my bike already setup for me. I have not changed any setting's since. I was worried at one stage about a nocking sound coming from engine which made me think it was a jetting problem. I have since redone the topend and the old piston looked good, maybe a little rich (which is fine for me) so have not changed in jetting.
As for highveld? I dont know enough about jetting bikes to give you any pointers.
There are indeed alot of posts here about jetting a Cr250.. I would love to get my hands on a Keihin Carb, but as you know living in South Africa nothing is easy to get unless you import it.

Jac Blac

Jun 6, 2005
Yeah I know....

I just found out that the 2000 Keihin carb works just fine on the 02, 03 models. Only have to change the piltot - 45 and main - 175. I got the keihin part number also - 16100-KZ3-J21.

I found that info on one of the threads here.

I called honda here in Johannesburg. Are you sitting down?

R 3 500.00 for the carb....excluding vat. So we looking round R 4 000.00

But it's good to know we can still get the part!! There is hope.

thanks.

Somehow I feel that info should have gone into another thread.

mladewig

Mar 2, 2004
Would make no sense to spend that kind of money on the bike.
Do you currently have problems with your carb/jetting? Do you have a aftermarket pipe on your bike?
I found my bike was a little slugish in low RPM, but since I installed a Pro Circuit pipe seems to be a little better.

Jac Blac

Jun 6, 2005
I hear what you saying.

I don't have an aftermarket pipe on the bike. My problem is also in the low rpm range. I'm looking into gettin a new pipe. Thanks for the info there. My mate also rides the 02 model and does not complain about the low rpm range. Maybe that is my solution then.

Although my bike does bog down in the high rpm range, sometimes only! I was thinking that it might be running a bit rich? I'm new to this and not too clued up.

Might just need an adjustment of the air screw???

This is the reason I thought it might be the carb.

Shot for the info.

Top Bottom