got yfz?

May 31, 2009
I went and looked at a 2005 KDX 200 today and had a couple of questions - it's been a while since I rode a two stroke and want to make sure I make the right decision.

The bike seemed to be in fairly good condition considering it still had the stock tires. It has an FMF pipe and silencer and I noticed that where the pipe comes out of the engine there was some oil dripping out - should I be concerned about that? He's asking $2500 everything is stock but the pipe- is this a good deal?

thanks for the help
luke

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
There are two o-rings that mount in inset rings inside the pipe flange. Over time, they wear out. It's about $10 or so for an FMF two o-rings / two pipe springs kit. Replacing the OEM copper gasket that fits between the pipe and cylinder is a good idea at around $8. Usually, it is about 15 minutes work for someone used to the KDX, 30 minutes or so for someone not familiar.

It's hard to say if $2,500 is a good price for a bike we haven't seen. That seems a touch high, but not super high, if it is in great shape with low miles. Check the air filter for cleanliness.

Bezoar

Apr 23, 2009
I just got a 2004 200, stock and in excellent condition for $1600. Blue book was around 2200. May have been just a lucky deal, but you might look around.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I'd probably go $2000 on it, if it's really in that good of condition. Can't have too many hours if it's sporting the original rubber.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom