Newbie w/bike....flooded, help!

Getwild2

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 4, 2003
I was wondering what are the different ways one could clear an engine flood on my 1992 CR125R?

I pulled the plug, it is wet and clean (just installed a new one). I do need to clean the air filter, I will do that tomorrow. I pulled the screw from the bottom of the carb to let all of the gas drain out of the carb. I kicked it with the plug out and gas off to clear the excess fuel. I put the plug back in, turned the gas on, and NOTHING! My bike has always started on the first to second kick. I accidentally got a little water in the tailpipe when spraying it off, before that was the last time it ran. The ONLY other time I flooded it, I just waited like 45 minutes, kicked the crap out of it, then it started. So what makes that time different than this time? The water is my only guess. A guru at my local shop said to let the water evaporate, then it should be fine. It's been 3 days since I sprayed the water.

Please help a newbie out, just got the bike this week and I have no clue what I'm doing.

BTW: I searched/read every thread on engine flooding and stalling.

blanc

Dec 18, 2002
I spent the last 4hours, cleaning my rm125 and rode it for the first time tonight, it blows a lot of dam smoke When riding and starting!
Sorry, i would try to see if there is a spark first, before thewd40, if that fails, remove and drain pipe, if you hosed the bike i would, check to see if any water got into the carb, remove and clean it> LUCK!!

Getwild2

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 4, 2003
Thanks a lot for all the advice guys, I'll get right on it first thing in the morning. If anyone has any more flooding advice, please feel free to pipe-in. I would be nice to know all the tricks for when it happens again, and it will happen again.

Thanks again...

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
FYI - when your 2 smoke floods turn the gas off and hold the bike wide open until it fires - it will fire!

This only holds true if no water exists in the float bowl and you have proper spark.

Good Luck.

mcoker

Mar 18, 2003
Originally posted by Enduro_Nut
FYI - when your 2 smoke floods turn the gas off and hold the bike wide open until it fires - it will fire!

This only holds true if no water exists in the float bowl and you have proper spark.

Good Luck.

yeah, what he said :) that's been my technique for years, never fails!

Birken Vogt

Apr 5, 2002
Originally posted by Enduro_Nut

You do have to kick it though.

A tow always helps...or find a steep hill to roll down....

Birken

Top Bottom