ChrisDP

Sep 18, 2002
Hi, I just picked up a new to me bike, it's an '88 200. The price, $75 including new tires and plastics. The bike doesn't appear to have been abused, just neglected, but it's missing a few things to make it trail worthy. Mainly a silencer and ignition rotor. After sticker shock on the cost of a new one, I'm looking for a used one. So, my question is...What other bikes (and years) interchange with that rotor? thanks.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Don't you mean Stator? That is a rather expensive item if you are on a budget. Cover still in place? As for the Silencer, it can be expensive too.

MX175

~SPONSOR~
Aug 20, 2002
FYI, The rotor (or flywheel) is the part that is attached to the crankshaft and spins. It contains a magnet that energizes the coils on the stator that does not move. The stator is bolted to the cases. I've got an '83 that has no spark, but I haven't had success in removing the rotor to see if I have a stator or a rotor problem. I also have a scrap '91 motor with a rotor and stator. If I ever get my rotor off, I'll sell you the part that I don't need. Keep your eye on eBay. It may be faster. I hope that the rotors are interchangeable. Does anyone know for sure????

ChrisDP

Sep 18, 2002
I just spent some time on the Kawasaki website going through parts diagrams and so far it looks like the rotor I need is common only to 83-88 KDX 200. No 80's or KX's or anything like that. I'm gonna check with the local dealer to see if they can cross reference it but it's not looking good. I may just have to spring for a new one.

On a brighter note I pulled the spark plug and discovered a brand new wiseco forged STD bore piston. It appears to have never been fired.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom