detroit

Mar 30, 2002
hello all,
I finally got my first kaw and first kdx(00,200).sorry for these few repetative questions but any input would be great.
I plan to put the kg30rev and it already has a turbinecoreII silencer.Is rejetting mandatory? I also plan the boyseen 607 reeds and the airbox trick.with the airbox lid gone where does the black box go since it doesnt have a home anymore.thanks

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
Jetting not neccessary if you hate free horsepower, and like to clean powervalves and spooge off your rear fender, tire, fannypack, etc.
First step is to check what jets you have in there now.
The mix can get markedly leaner after doing the airbox, so beware; if it was rejetted to work with the lid, it will be too lean after modding the lid.
Check your main jet, it should be at least a 155 before doing your first WOT plug reading.
As for the lid. Just drill 5-6 1/2" holes in the lid, remove the snorkle and fuggetaboutit. ;)

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
congrats to you ,your gonna love it.yes to have a crisp,clean runnin bike esp with mods you gotta rejet, some mods create a too lean condition to adjust for as gearloose pointed out b carefull.i have no lid and drilled a hole in the side of air box and bolted the cdi box pretty much where it was if the lid was on.it sits sideways now just above the filter

Mike Hubert

Apr 22, 2001
I just cut the back 2 inches of the airbox lid, the CDI can stay where it is. If you run very nasty stuff you can put the part of the air box back on.

Top Bottom