Pantaz

Dec 13, 2001
Learned of this from BLM's "News bytes" e-newsletter.

63 off-road drivers get tickets
http://www.pe.com/localnews/riverside/stories/PE_News_Local_roffroad16.a0499.html
11:55 AM PST on Monday, February 16, 2004

The Press-Enterprise

Authorities issued 63 citations Sunday morning as part of a crackdown on off-road vehicles on private property in the Rubidoux, Sunnyslope and Glen Avon areas, the Riverside County Sheriff's Department reported.

The Jurupa Valley Station Community Action team targeted riders in the areas of Granite Hill Drive and Pyrite Road; Granite Hill Drive and Soto Road; Sierra Avenue and Donner Way; and Avalon Street and 20th Street.

The ticketing was in response to complaints of dust and noise, according to the report. The majority of riders cited were from Orange, Los Angeles and San Bernardino counties.

County code prohibits operating any vehicle off-road on private property without permission, according to the sheriff's news release. Off-road enthusiasts can contact the Bureau of Land Management or check online at www.blm.gov for maps of areas where off-road riding is allowed.
-----------------------------------
To subscribe to News.bytes, send an e-mail to:
Join-Newsbytes@List.ca.blm.gov OR visit our News.bytes subscription page at: http://www.ca.blm.gov/caso/getnewsbytes.html.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Their starting to do a lot of this up here in the High Desert too. What gets me is the yahoos that race up and down the streets of the neighborhood making it hard for the rest of us who want to ride in the uninhabited areas. As it is I darn near push the bike through the residential area but it never fails some young kid always goes racing down the street some other time pissing off the neighbors. One time I had the gear on and caught up to one of these riders and explained to him how he was ruining it for the rest of us. He just gave me the finger and rode off. You have no idea how bad I wanted to catch him and run his butt over.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
There's an idea, check with the BLM and find the numerous legal riding areas within Riverside County. NEWS FLASH... There's one, Wildomar. Let's guess where the Sheriff's Department got the money to up the enforcement. I'll give you one clue, it starts with "Green Sticker Fun*, you fill in the blank.

This is outta hand and it needs to be addressed. They think that including local tracks in the count for legal riding areas is correct, they are way off base. I say we start making phone calls to the local Sheriff's Department and question them as to where they received the monies to do this task force.

Unfortunately, the folks that hurt us are the morons riding up and down the streets, but maybe, if they had mrore places to ride in Riverside County, that would subside. You do understand that Riverside County is such a metropolitan area with so little open space to ride. Hmmmmmmm.........

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I've givin up on riverside county, and taken up the fight on the golf courses and mountain bike trails of the of the great Orange Curtain. :uh:

Seriously, With the skyrocketing price of homes and lack of space. They continue to build closer and closer to our old riding spots. I see no stop to this, we are going the way of the mountian lion, bear and deer. As people move in to our old areas they get all upset we we try to continue to use our old stomping grounds.

We can fight the good fight and we should, but in the end it's probrably a losing battle. We'll just keep getting bumped farther and farther out. I haven't seen one good winning plan to combat this yet.
We fought to get a version of Saddleback Track open in OC by Irvine lake. The response was huge They averaged more visitors each weekend than they did all year previosly. Yet the "not very local" nieghbors cried foul. When they couldn't close the track directly though legal means, "All of a sudden" Irvine lake had to be flooded for water reserves. When they flodded it they flooded the track. :think: Intereseting how that worked out.

Sorry if I sound a little disheartened or bitter, but they are charging us fees to register our bikes, making us buy forest adventure passes, and then using those same fees against us. It' s Disgusting.

Someone needs to get Arnold on the phone.

Top Bottom