380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
What a trip, it was exactly a 3114.7 miles round trip to DW and back. I want to thank Okie for providing me with the opportunity to meet so many cool people. You all are truly like family. Some of you I have seen the last 2 years in Reno and some of you I met for the first time at DW2000 and have not seen you since. But I have to say that it seemed like I have spent the last 3 years of my life with you all. Even the people I met for the first time this past week I have to say that I felt as though I have known you all my life. You all are great.....

Here are some random thoughts I have about DirtWeek02.

It was cool being in a place where you are surrounded by 250 friends.

Cooperland is awsome. Hands down, bar none the best track & trail place I have been.

Brownie loves what he does and it shows. Truly an inspiration. Thank You!

I always thought Thump was short and fat. I guess its just the way "Thump" sounds... :) I wish I had got to know you better.

Billy hauls butt. He is fast. To make myself feel better, I tell myself that Billy has probably reached his peak speedwise. So its only down hill for him. Every time I ride I get faster. The skies the limit baby.......

Dr. D and Coop are just these tinnie wheenie looking guys. In the mags they look bigger than life. But they are like greyhounds. (Built for Speed) While Im more Saint Bernardish. (Built for Buffets)

I never had a Barbeque sandwich that tasted so good. And oh yes I had 2 per sitting......

That grass track was sweet. It gave me a chance to practice my high speed wheelies.

I know where Daves chair went....... :p

Okies family is awsome.......

I had a hard time holding the tears back Saturday night.....

It was cool to see that after all Thump has been through he looked pretty happy & proud to be there with that pretty blonde gal. (sorry never caught her name) Congrads..

The live version of the National Anthem was awsome. Was that Okies niece? Is she attached? Oh wait Im married..... :whiner:

Next year we need to seperate the people with those palaces on wheels from us getto types with tents... its hard to sleep with the constant buzzes and ramblings of generators running all night.

Firecracker I like your hair better short.....
Oh and I only smile when your around.... ;)

It was cool to see the ladies race... Made me miss my wife. Hopefully I can get her a bike and bring her with me next time. All you ladies would inspire her and my 3 daughters......

Im glad we didnt have the fat guy race. Bundy would have whooped us......

Smitty looked good out there with the Pros. And out of his element to. I bet if the situations were reversed and them Pro MXers were on Smitty and Bundy's turf the outcome would be reversed. You guys haul..... And you race for trophies.... Amatures are truly the back bone of our sport........

I looked all over for Ivan. I saw him once and was gonna go back to talk to him and he was gone.

Missed the Hare Scramble & MX clases with broken hand. Damn trees......

Had a blast spoding around during the MX race....

Im glad Rich didnt make it. I dont think my brain could have handled listening to conversation between him and SFO. :worship:

I need to take more pictures next time.

Having Brownie, Billy, Coop and Doug there made it seem like it was our own personal national. I hope they had as good of time being there as we did having them......

Digilube makes a great Barbeque sauce....

I hated leaving....

I was happy to see my wife and sleep in my bed again....

Thanks to everyone who helped put it on, to all the sponsors and every member who attended......

If anybody ever wants to come out to Idaho and ride just let me know. Mi casa es su casa!

Will miss you guys till next time......

Last edited:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Those wheelies were awesome. I watched you do a couple of quarter-milers, but I missed the full-pucker near loopout you told me about. :eek:

'Built for Buffets'. . . :)

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Those wheelies were awesome. I watched you do a couple of quarter-milers, but I missed the full-pucker near loopout you told me about.
Yeah I had a close one. That grass track was awsome. We have a few wide open areas around here but I have never rode somewhere where there were no rocks or bike swallowing badger holes before.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
380, good to see you again man. Thanks for the silence packing. I hope that works out to the point you can sponsor a factory ride someday! :aj:

PS - I thought dave186 might be more of a smack talker, not this shy quiet dude. How did you ever make it all the way down & back w/o him talking?

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
I thought dave186 might be more of a smack talker, not this shy quiet dude. How did you ever make it all the way down & back w/o him talking?
It was along trip..... Yep he sure is not very talkative! I will work on him before the next DirtWeek. I would be there talking to some one and they would be like" Whos mister talkative here?" Oh this is dave186 but I call him Daaveeed! He likes it. It goes back to how Vuillemin wanted his name pronounced......
380, good to see you again man
You too. Man no'mo got big!

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
what, you know where my chair is?!?!?!!? Is that why you havent said anything about leaving the bag at your house?

When you start talking it makes the time drag when you are driving. Im not good at the smack talking thing, I just sometimes have these great ideas.

380 doesnt know how the digilube tasted, I got the lucky pork chop.

Those generators didnt bother me, and I was sleeping in the "econo lodge" not mister "palacial estate" with his beding that took up more room than all of my gear, clothes and sleeping bag.

finally, my name is not Daveeeeeed, do I look french??? I dont think so.

Top Bottom